Pavel knelt down on a simple mat in is room and arranged himself to face the Earthspur peaks to the East. Bowing low to the ground he began his supplication...
Crying one, as your humble servant and protector of your flock, I wish to make apology for my arrogance and shortsightedness.
I am sorry, my God. I had thought to steer this vehicle of destiny toward evil, though I now see the folly of my logic. Destiny can no more be steered than the wind and this singular evil I had hoped to find lies in all directions. Finding it requires no more action than to open ones eyes. Even this tiny corner of the foothills has felt the pain of its touch and two of Lathander's sons now travel homeward, sent there through no good intention.
Kelestri and the others hope that my visions will help show us where the sword must pierce, where the staff must strike. Please help your humble servant ignore his pride and be the simple conduit of your will. Grant me the wisdom to interpret your wishes clearly- do not allow the frailties of an old man to keep this staff from doing what it must. Above all, grant me the perception and insight to channel your purpose faithfully into my actions.
I ask much, Broken One. I know this.
But the fiendish deeds that continue on this plane are greater than one man. Greater than ten. Greater than one hundred, or one thousand...
Pavel straightened and opened his eyes, abandoning his prostrate prayer position to have a simple conversation.
"I do not doubt my heart," he said, tapping his tattoo and managing a weak smile, "but I do not always trust my vision and reason."
"Please don't let my mortal weaknesses be our undoing."
Pavel returned to his lowered position with his face to the floor.
Your will be done, Broken One.
Crying one, as your humble servant and protector of your flock, I wish to make apology for my arrogance and shortsightedness.
I am sorry, my God. I had thought to steer this vehicle of destiny toward evil, though I now see the folly of my logic. Destiny can no more be steered than the wind and this singular evil I had hoped to find lies in all directions. Finding it requires no more action than to open ones eyes. Even this tiny corner of the foothills has felt the pain of its touch and two of Lathander's sons now travel homeward, sent there through no good intention.
Kelestri and the others hope that my visions will help show us where the sword must pierce, where the staff must strike. Please help your humble servant ignore his pride and be the simple conduit of your will. Grant me the wisdom to interpret your wishes clearly- do not allow the frailties of an old man to keep this staff from doing what it must. Above all, grant me the perception and insight to channel your purpose faithfully into my actions.
I ask much, Broken One. I know this.
But the fiendish deeds that continue on this plane are greater than one man. Greater than ten. Greater than one hundred, or one thousand...
Pavel straightened and opened his eyes, abandoning his prostrate prayer position to have a simple conversation.
"I do not doubt my heart," he said, tapping his tattoo and managing a weak smile, "but I do not always trust my vision and reason."
"Please don't let my mortal weaknesses be our undoing."
Pavel returned to his lowered position with his face to the floor.
Your will be done, Broken One.


2 Comments:
Pavel, my friend, I commend your piety and dedication. I know that we, if any, will succeed, for your faith and mine are the foundation on which goodness and right can stand against the vile forces of Bane and his Unholy allies. We must show our companions the Light of Hope. I know that Selune smiles upon us.
Be strong, my brother in faithfulness.
I know some who gain knowledge through prayer. I never understood them. If I can’t see it, read it, hear it, or scry on it, it isn’t real to me. I still pray to my god just in case I’m wrong.
Post a Comment
<< Home